Photographs and Personalization:
How are your products personalized?
Can more than one person be featured in these gifts?
What kind of photographs are recommended?
How do I get my photos to you?
What if I cannot find my child’s name in the music cd/dvd names list?
Do you offer Matte & Framing options for the Personalized Wall Art?
Is it safe to enter my personal information and credit card on this site?
Is my order information kept private?
What kind of payments do you accept?
Can I order by phone or mail too?
Do I have to pay sales tax?
Do you accept international orders?
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
The answer to this question depends on the products you order. With such a large selection of items, it’s almost impossible to provide that answer here. To sum it up well, our products can be personalized with the recipient’s name, photograph, or both. Most of our books also include additional personalization such child's age, hometown, friends names, etc. and virtually all items allow for inclusion of a special message and name of the gift giver.
You will always know exactly what information is used to create the personalized gift you've chosen when preparing your purchase...on the product page itself, you will be required to complete input fields that ask for the personalization details relating to that specific product. Additionally, we've also provided information on how the product is personalized in the "description" area found at the bottom of each product page.
If you have any questions relating to personalization, please feel free to contact us before placing your order.
In general, all of the products you see on our website have been designed to feature a single star and only one photo and/or name can be used for personalizing each gift. Any exceptions to this general rule will be indicated in the product description.
For the most part, you can personalize our photo products with anyone (or anything) you want. Many of our kids DVDs have been personalized not just for children, but also for grown-ups too. Even pets have been known to become stars in our photo gifting products.
Here are some general guidelines you should use when choosing a photo:
Photographic Quality: The better quality the photograph, the better quality the final product will become. Please keep in mind, we cannot enhance or improve the quality of your images, so it's extremely important that you submit the highest quality photographs available when making your purchase. For digital images, it is suggested that you submit the largest file size available. Files smaller than 50kb will have substantially reduced quality and you will likely be dissatisfied with the end result.
There are several inexpensive photo enhancement software programs that you can use to help produce a high quality photograph. These types of software products can be found at office supply stores, computer stores, some drug store chains and internet retailers. You can also visit a local photography store that will enhance the quality of your photos for a nominal fee.
All photographs must display the subjects head completely unobstructed, meaning: (1) they should not be wearing hats, sunglasses or other objects, (2) there should not be any background or foreground distractions adjacent to the subjects head such as large or puffy clothing, stuffed animals or other objects, (3) make sure that no portion of the head has been cut out of the picture. In order to accurately design your personalized gift, we must be able to capture the entire circumference of the stars head.
GENERAL RULE OF THUMB: Make sure that the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin and from ear to ear are visible in the photo and subject is facing (and looking) directly into the camera.
Digital Image Minimum Requirements:
- Must be at least 72 dpi (150 dpi is preferred)
- Must be at least 50kb file size - 250k or higher is recommended
- Must be JPG format
Mail-in Paper Photograph Requirements:
If you are going to send us your photo by regular mail, please use a high quality photograph with good lighting and focus. The subjects head must be at least the size of a quarter. Wallet size photos are typically too small to be effective in most cases, although school photos of this size are often acceptable. We prefer not to accept photos that are larger than 4" x 6" and your original photograph will be returned with the completed order.
There are three different ways for you to provide us with your photos, all of which are indicated as options on each product page.
- UPLOAD: The simplest and fastest way is to simply upload your photos directly on the product page when completing all the personalization data that is required for your product. The upload process will allow you to complete your order in its entirety during the time of checkout and as such, your order will be processed more quickly.
- EMAIL: You may also email your photos to us after your order is placed. To do so, simply choose "Email Photo Later" when completing the personalization data on the product page. Once we have received your order, we will send you instructions via email on how to deliver photo to us. This photo delivery method will slightly delay your order processing.
- POSTAL MAIL: You can send your paper photographs by regular postal mail. For obvious reasons, this type of delivery will cause your order to be substantially delayed. Please choose "Send Photo by Mail" during the personalization process and allow additional time for your order to be delivered.
**IMPORTANT: When mailing, Please include a copy of your order receipt and also write the subjects name and order number on the back of the photo.**
Your original photographs will be returned to you when the order is complete.
Please mail your photos to:
Personally Yours Books
Attn: (your order number)
6-14 Christie Place
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410
Although there are literally thousands of names available for each personalized kids music product, unfortunately it does occasionally happen that certain names are not available.
There are two things to consider while searching for your child's name:
- First, the most common way to solve this problem is to simply search for a different spelling of the name. You need to recognize that the names are spoken and sung phonetically in the music cd/dvd which means that as long as you can find the correct pronunciation, we can create the product for you. The spelling as written in the database is insignificant since we can spell the name on the personalized label however you like. It is only important that you find the correct phonetic pronunciation.
For example: If your child’s name is Catherine, it will be pronounced the same way as Katherine or Catheryn. If Katherine is the only spelling you can find in the names database and it is pronounced the same way as your child’s name, then this is the name you should choose during the personalization process. You will then have the ability to tell us how you want the child's name spelled on the label itself. Take some time to try different spellings and you will most often find what you are looking for.
- Second, note that while your child's name may not be available for one of the music cd/dvd products, it may be available with another. Each music album has its own database of available names and therefore, while you may not find the name you need in one of the albums, you may find it in another.
No, unfortunately at this time we do not offer any colored matte backgrounds or frames for the personalized wall art but you certainly have the option to add these special touches to your gift once it arrives.
Yes it certainly is; All of your personal details including billing information as well as the stars' personalization data are collected through our secure shopping cart and encrypted for safe transmission to us. During checkout you should notice that our web address changes from http:// -to- https:// and you should also see a "secure lock" symbol on your browser.
We accept several forms of payment including:
- American Express
- PayPal payments and PayPal e-Checks
You may also make your payment by Certified Check or Money Order.
Please see below for information on how to pay by mail.
Of course! You are welcome to place your order by phone or mail.
To Order By Phone:
- Please call Toll-Free: 1-800-684-4361
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-5:00PM (EST)
To Order By Mail:
- Simply complete your order online and choose the "Check or Money Order" option during checkout. Print a copy of the order receipt for inclusion with your payment.
When ready, mail your order form and/or online receipt to us along with your payment, including any applicable S&H charges.
Make Checks Payable To: "Personally Yours Books"
Personally Yours Books
Attn: (Your Order Number)
6-14 Christie Place.
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410
If you are a resident of New Jersey, you will be required to pay 7% sales tax on your order.
We currently only accept orders for delivery to residents of the United States.
For a full description of our shipping rates, please visit our Shipping & Returns page.
For a full description of our returns policy, please visit our Shipping & Returns page.
At this time we only offer brochures of our books.